At ColossusXT, we are committed to contribute for the computational research, one of the reasons why we are here today as volunteers to build a truly decentralized grid platform that caters to the privacy of its users, Colossus Grid. As of today, we are starting a campaign to join forces for the fight against COVID-19 and we will be rewarding the most contributing users to COVID-19 computational research.
As some of you might already know, Folding@home project aims to understand disease mechanisms at the molecular level then find weaknesses that medicines can exploit. Today, it is simulating the dynamics of COVID-19 proteins to hunt for new therapeutic opportunities. You can easily start contributing to this research by downloading the Folding@home client today.
To incentivize participation for this good cause, we’ve decided to create our Folding@Home team together with the Gath3r community which has aligned vision with us and we are going to turn it into a friendly competition.
Starting right now and until the end of June, we’ll be running a competition for most credits completed within our Folding@Home team. Our team number is 260272.
Rules for the Campaign
We will provide 1,000,000 $COLX + 10,000 $GTH as a prize pool!
- First place gets 500,000 $COLX* + 5,000 $GTH**
- Second gets 350,000 $COLX* + 3,500 $GTH**
- Third gets 150,0000 $COLX* + 1,500 $GTH**
* COLX rewards to be distributed right after the following week when the event ends
** GTH rewards will be distributed after the token is listed on an exchange as per standard vesting schedule
How to start folding?
1. Go to https://foldingathome.org/start-folding/ and download the client for your operating system
2. To join our team, simply enter our team # (260272) into the client setup when you install the client.
3. You are welcome to fold under any identity you like, but to make awarding a prize easier, we would suggest you fold under the same identity you use on discord / telegram. If you want to keep your existing identity, please enter your “Folding@home identity” and your “discord/telegram identity” in this form to let us connect with you when the campaign is over: https://bit.ly/ColxGthCovid19Form
4. We recommend using “passkey” with the client for added security. This helps to prevent others from pretending to be you. Follow instructions on this link and add your passkey to the client: https://apps.foldingathome.org/getpasskey
5. For other questions, please see: https://foldingathome.org/support/faq/
6. To check progress on your score, you can view the “ColossusXT & Gath3r” team at the following URL:
Note: Sometimes credits can take up to 24hrs to appear on the team board.
See relevant project information on Folding@Home site for Covid-19:
We extend our invitation to the whole cryptocurrency community and cloud computing enthusiasts around the world. Even the smallest contribution from your computer setup, from a simple laptop to a full rig, all helps to work towards finding a cure.
Thank you for your contribution to the Covid-19 research project.
ColossusXT (ticker: COLX) is a community-orientated, energy efficient coin with a strong focus on decentralization, privacy, and real-world implementation. It utilizes an energy efficient Proof of Stake 3.0 protocol and a second-tier Masternode network for inclusive community-based governance along with a blockchain based self-funding treasury system ensuring its sustainability. In order to reach this level of usability, COLX is continually evolving.
The goal of COLX is to be an advanced digital currency that is fast, secure, decentralized, private, and connects all of its users for a greater purpose as part of the Colossus Grid.
Colossus Grid is an ambitious project that aims to reward individuals for voluntary grid contributions. With this, ColossusXT seeks to compete in the global market for distributed computing power and decentralized storage all while riding on the backbone of a world class privacy blockchain.
ColossusXT LLC is a registered business in Wyoming, USA.
Gath3r looks to democratise the compute power industry by harnessing the power of spare processing capacity of publishers for the benefit of businesses, blockchains, developers and webmasters. Through the use of spare processing power generated by publishers, Gath3r is able to help secure and launch blockchains by use of merged mining, while at the same time, businesses and enterprises can use Gath3r for their processing needs as a cheaper alternative as compared to today’s centralized solutions, all while providing an alternate form of monetization for publishers. The Gath3r blockchain is powered by the GTH cryptographic currency which facilitates payments and transactions within the hybrid ecosystem.